The One

That stupid old matter of ‘The One’ came up last night. Awhile back I wrote about The Beautiful One, well he dropped round for a drink last night. He was asking about my impending travel plans. As I was in full flight on the really important bits of the plan, he said “well maybe he is the one”, referring to a friend I’ll be visiting along the way.

“I don’t believe there is just one; I think there are many ‘Ones’”, I replied and carried on without another thought to his remark. India, Nepal, Cambodia, trekking, hiking, yes, yes oh yes, these are things that I love.

As he was leaving, he squared me with his stare and said
“There is ‘The One’ you know, you just have to realise that one is not a Perfect One”.

“Thanks for coming”, I replied, then smiled, my mind was thinking about something completely different altogether.

Comments

Popular Posts