Colour and change


When something can absorb something else without being changed at all by what it has absorbed, it proves itself.

That is what I read today written on the wall about colour. I went to the Blood on Paper exhibition at the V&A. Richard Tuttle wrote it. This got me thinking about the causes of change and how we should embrace personal change by understanding the effect it has on ourselves. Just when you think you know yourself, a little ebb and flow happens and you have to change. I think to some people change just happens; to others, like myself, we have to allow it to happen.

Colour is about letting the light through. Black exists because there is no light.

A friend told me on Sunday night that my life is all about observing the interactions between people. She said, I was always watching and studying how people react to conversations, situations and events. She said particularly my interest was seeing how people react to the outrageous. She might be right.

Sunday night proved to be quite an interesting anthropological study all round. After the above discussion took place we went out for a drink to a local cocktail bar. The place was awash with the liquored up. The colour of loneliness. An old and beautiful friend of mine was there; let’s call him the The Beautiful One. With my new found understanding of myself I put ‘reaction observation’ to the test. Mistake! I realised when talking to him, and presenting some interesting stimulus, my past assessment of him was wrong. He was just a regular to that bar not the truly deep man I wished him to be, my illusion was shattered. With that my study came to an end, being too keen an observer will not always deliver you what you want.

So, you see, something can’t absorb something else without changing!

Comments

Popular Posts